We're all mad here.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Elsewhere


As any of you who know me very well know that I can be a voracious reader. It used to be that I would read just about anything and be able to find something good about it. Except maybe romance novels...I've never been much for the heavy panting, aching loins, heaving bosoms variety. Now that I'm older, and not necessarily wiser, I have a bit more discerning tastes.

My favorite quick reads tend to lean on the scary or mysterious side.

Enter William Peter Blatty's "Elsewhere".

Blatty is an old-timer in the horror genre and is best known for writing "The Exorcist" novel and screenplay. He's a fabulous writer and a master in his own right.

However, while I enjoyed the creepy factor in this book, I was left a little disappointed in the end. I felt like the plot is not all that new to me. Nothing new under the sun and all that. But you might feel differently, so give it a read if you like. You will probably even get the chills in a few parts like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment