We're all mad here.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hibernation

The Oklahoma ice storm of 2007 still haunts us to this day. Going without electricity, heat and most forms of communications were not fun. However, even though we were "roughing it" for a while, there were some great memories that came from that. Like sleeping on the mattress from the guest room in front of the fireplace with every animal in our house piled on top of us for warmth is just one that comes to mind.

So needless to say when the weather people say ice, we kinda freak.

Like I did. I apparently became a bear who is going to go into hibernation and is storing up for the long hard winter.

What did I do? Besides buying rock salt and doing load after load of laundry to make sure we had plenty of underwear should the power go out, I went into a baking frenzy. I'm pretty sure I made about 3 or 4 rounds of muffins. Completely an unnecessary quantity. And since I'm all about not wasting things these days, I'm gonna have to figure out where to stuff all the corn muffins, blueberry muffins, oatmeal muffins...

Any takers?

4 comments:

  1. Finally I can post comments, since I don't have to log in! Have y'all gotten a generator?

    -Matt B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Local homeless shelter maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owasso Craft Mafia likes Muffins!!

    ReplyDelete